The Importance of bet sizing – How small bets can bring big value
Bet sizing plays a crucial part in gaming whatever may be the stakes. The size of your bet pre-flop, post-flop can give your opponents a scare when they have drawing hands.
There are no perfect or exact bet sizing spots, the optimal bet sizing depends on many factors such as your position on the table, pre-flop action, stack count of yours, and the opponents.
Here are some quick tips to make your betting game strong:
- Increase your pre-flop bet size if you have a weak opponent player. This way the opponent always assumes that you have a good hand like AA’s, KK’s, QQ’s. The main goal for this will be extracting maximum value from the weak opponent as inexperienced players tend to call with the same range of hands, regardless of their stack size.
- Make big bets pre-flop when you’re out of position, thus raising preflop will reduce a large number of opponents who are readily available to put in a small amount just to see the flop and get odds.
- Betting small on dry boards- By betting 25-35% of the pot you are taking away their chances and making them fold their hand. Your opponent’s hands will have little to no equity against your value betting range.
- The stack-to-pot ratio of yours and the opponents should always influence the size of your bet. You should think ahead and always consider what will be the size of the pot to intend to proceed with your value hands and bluffs.
- Bluffing strategically- Many players bet too large on the flop and turn and are left behind with very little on the river. Creating an undesirable condition, these tiny river shoves generate little-to-no fold equity.
Ready to Play Poker?
If you’re ready to jump into the action, then download PokerMagnet Android App / iOS App and get started!
If you already have an account with us, open PokerMaget and hit the tables!